WOW for the Lebanon Wilson County Chamber
The 2012 theme for YOUR Chamber is THE WOW FACTOR, and as of July 2012 we have had many WOW’S.
- Beginning in January with 306 new members in 3 days, and the annual Board Retreat.
- February, an outstanding Annual Banquet with over 300 people in attendance.
- March, over 400 members and their guest attended the annual St. Patrick’s Day open house. Thanks to 34 restaurants and caterers for the wonderful food throughout the day.
- April, the Prime Time Trade show at the arcade. 65 booths displaying their product and showcasing their business. Again over 400 atendees.
- May, The Go Johnny Go run/walk with 450 participants and the Annual Fishing Tournament with 50 boats.
- June, the annual Dr. Cary Harbrecht Golf Tournament, 11 teams in the morning and 37 teams in the afternoon.
- July, a mid-year Board retreat, and the opening of the new Lebanon High School. Your Chamber served ice cream sandwiches to all incoming Freshmen and visited LHS, Wilson Central and Friendship on opening day greeting all students and wishing them a safe and great year.
And now it is August. Wilson County Fair time. Approximately 120 Chamber volunteers have signed up to work both information booths at the fair all 9 nights, both Saturdays and Sunday. Chamber night at the Fair on August 23 in cooperation with the Mt. Juliet Chamber, the Watertown Chamber, the Visitors Bureau and the JECD.
Also in these past 8 months we have had numerous ribbon cuttings, business after and before hours and many meetings in the Chamber office.
Watch out for the rest of 2012, YOUR CHAMBER is on the move. Our WOW will continue and our excitement will keep building. Upcoming in September will be a Retention Blitz, another opportunity to showcase your business at the September Business Extragavanza, Halloween on the Square, a luncheon that you will not want to miss with exciting news. Victorian Christmas on the Square, the Jingle Jog, the Christmas Parade and the Festival of Lights.
We hope you are proud of YOUR Chamber and you are INVOLVED. If not call the Chamber today at 615-444-5503 get your name on the volunteer list. YOUR CHAMBER NEEDS YOUR HELP.